Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Death in Philadephia


My hate for the Phillies is represented very well in this photograph.  I hate everything about the Phillies.  I can't believe I used to root for them like in 2006 just because of Ryan Howard.  What did your baseball coach in 4th grade tell you?  Follow through on your swing!  Utley hasn't done that on a single swing in his life and yet has ESPN covering his trips to the bathroom.  And he's not even the worst.  Raul Ibanez was a nobody in Seattle but a very effective power hitter, collecting 100 RBIs for a few seasons out there although getting no recognition.  Then he goes to Philadelphia and is some kind of hero.  Sure, the Mariners weren't winning and that factored into it, but he was an All-Star and you don't need to win to get to the All-Star Game, as Ichiro Suzuki has shown.  His swing is also annoying and I hate seeing it after he hit a three run homer against the Cubs last year when the Cubs went to Philly.  And he isn't even the worst.  Shane Victorino, center fielder, is my least favorite player in baseball.  And I know a lot of players all of whom are subject to my disliking if they fall out of my favor.  His swing is the worst, wild and roundabout.  When he runs he never seems to get off base and is near impossible to get out.  He is just a whiny player in general and got ejected from center field in a game last year for arguing balls and strikes.  Victorino is not the type of player that deserves to be a major leaguer.  He has some talent, but I just wish he would leave.  I'm telling you all this because after another bad series loss to Pittsburgh and a two game sweep of Colorado at Wrigley, the Cubs are playing twice in Philadelphia.  In 18 games Cubs games at Citizens Bank Park since its opening in 2004, the Cubs are 6-12.  They haven't even won a series, losing every one 2-1.  At least this time it's a two gamer and so the Cubs could tie it with just one win.  Citizens Bank Park is a tough place to play because of the fans, who have sold out the stadium 61 straight games including tonight.  But don't let ESPN exaggerate about the power of the Phillies; this is absolutely the best hitters park in the National League and it doesn't hold anything.  Howard, Utley, and Ibanez have plenty of power, but would probably have some taken away in a league average park.  I must apologize to fans about my recent lack of posts.  I pledge, just like Marlon Byrd pledged the Cubs will be in the playoffs Monday, that more posts will fill up this blog especially when summer begins.  Go Cubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment