I'd like to issue a well too-little, too-late thanks for all of my readers of this blog while it was active (December 2009-April 2012). The blog was abandoned abruptly due to a lack of time to write posts. But there's good news. For this summer I've been writing on the Gold Coast Tickets blog, writing about events including Cubs, Sox, concerts, and theatre productions, with Eric Montanez; some posts are credited to him but much of the writing was done by me, and vice versa. Much of the content is similar to posts I was creating here (except now I actually have to cite photos).
A few of my 'greatest hits' are below, with Cubs posts bolded, and I'll be continuing to write for them through much of August. Learn about who the Cubs got back in any of their many July trades, or who you're going to see in Lolla this weekend. There could be a future still for this blog as well.
- A Look at Chicago's Newest Concert Venue: Concord Music Hall
- Bears Training Camp Report
- Chicago Baseball Trade Deadline Recap (Cubs & Sox)
- City Approves Wrigley Field Restoration Plan
- Chicago's 2013 All-Stars: Wood, Sale, and Crain
- Lollapalooza Spotlights: Short posts featuring a random act at Lollapalooza this summer featuring a 'must-hear song', bio, and reference links.
- Cubs Trade Matt Garza to Rangers
- First-Ever Oddball Fest to Bring Laughs to Tinley Park
- Chicago's Upcoming Theatre Productions
- Blackhawks Great Chris Chelios Inducted Into Hockey Hall of Fame
- Meet the Stanley Cup Champs at the Blackhawks Convention
- Blackhawks Trade Bolland, Resign Bickell, and Draft Hartman
- Blackhawks Win Stanley Cup
- Trade Winds Picking Up in Wrigleyville
- Upcoming Chicago Soccer Events
- A Fan's Perspective: Finals Worth Every Penny
Gold Coast Tickets is the largest ticket broker in the Midwest. Of course, I think you should buy from us. We actually do have a huge Cubs selection. Check it out!